Browse the Garden

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ridley Pearson & Rick Elice - Peter and the Starcatcher signing event




I had the amazing honor to meet both Ridley Pearson and Rick Elice today at the Tattered Cover at the 16th street mall in Denver. It was really neat to hear them talk about the play, and what it was like to create a script from a novel as well as the process of sharing a story and transferring it to another form of media. I was really nervous bringing my Kingdom Keeper book, but I actually talked with Ridley Pearson about the series and the Disney Parks for a while. 
Listening to successful writers is an inspiring experience, and it reminds you to never give up on your dreams. Since I have done both script writing and novel writing, it was really neat to have two people in the industry talk about the different mediums and how they work. The event itself was entertaining and rewarding, giving me a new perspective on story telling, character building and the world of both author and screenwriter. 
I also had the honor of taking a picture with Ridley Pearson after the book signing. 
All in all, it was one of the best days of my life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment