Browse the Garden

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Silence




No, my life is not as difficult as many other lives out there, but that doesn't mean I have the answers. The people this post is directed to, won't even read this. They are too busy living their lives, like most people, which is fine, except for the part where they expect me to face reality all the time, while they live in their own world, lost in an irrational dream where they are never wrong or it's never their fault.
So how do you deal with people like this? If they don't listen, then the argument has started before it's even begun. If you know they won't listen, why do you keep pursuing the argument?
If there is one thing I have learned, it's that you can't and never will be able to change people. The only person you can change is yourself. So why is it your fault that they live in their own little world? Because you are threatening their view of reality. Their dream is their reality, and the entire world revolves around them, no exceptions. They are free to do whatever, whenever and blame whoever they want if they do something wrong.
How do you deal with people like this? Especially if you have to, day after day, just wishing that they would actually care that you might have a point to what you tell them, which starts to sound like a broken record? Can you just shut your emotions off? Can you just stop caring about the injustice of situations? Is it really that easy? Does it make you a bad person if you think it will help them? Does it make it your fault when the argument is the equivalent of banging your head against a brick wall?
I looked this up and they say that you should leave the situation. Fair enough, but it's not so simple in my case. I'm kind of stuck at the moment, until I can move on. So how do I cope with this? How can I at least make my time spent with them as pleasant as possible in the situation? Without pretending, and feeling awful afterwards. Without feeling it's my fault, when deep down I know there is nothing I can do?
Maybe if I had the answer to this problem, I could solve the majority of issues I face right now. Maybe I could even become an expert to help others and discover a way that doesn't involve ridiculous arguments over the same topic that has built up for years and years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment