Browse the Garden

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Writing Prompt 59: Changes



Prompt: What changes would you like to make in the next 5 years?

I want to change my attitude. It's better, but not as great as it could be. I'm no longer completely negative about everything, but I'm still cynical about many things that may get in the way of my goals and dreams. 

I want to change my perspective. I guess this goes along with attitude. Perspective can help you see things in a positive light. Knowing what's happening around you can help you see your situation in a different way. 

I want to change my social life. I want to get out there, meet more people. The more people you meet, the more interesting your life becomes. Everyone has a story, and I want to swap stories with other people and collaborate ideas, goals and of course, dreams. 

I want to change my confidence. Or lack there of self confidence. I don't want to be stuck up or selfish, but I want to find that balance between being proud of who you are and being aware of those around you. 

I want to change my habits. Thinking habits. Writing habits (or lack of). Venting habits. Eating habits. Coping habits. I don't want to worry, slack off and be disappointed in myself all the time. It's not fun. At all. 

I want to change my living situation. I am grateful to live at home, but I'm ready to start a life of my own. I want to find a place to call my own. A sanctuary. 

Most of what I want to change lies within. Thoughts that haunt me. Worries that pester me to no end. Habits that hold me back from getting out there and living life. I have big wishes and dreams, but with these internal obstacles, they will be difficult to achieve. 

I guess the thing I want to change the most is how I treat myself. I'm holding myself back, and I want to change that. It's time to leave the nest. It's time to go after what I want. It's time to actually live my life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment