Browse the Garden

Friday, November 1, 2013

Writing Prompt 57: Why change anything about yourself?




Prompt:  Why change anything about yourself?

If you never change, you will never grow. But if you are going to change, make sure it's for the right reasons. For example, you shouldn't change because you want to please somebody. You should should change for yourself.
Changing is a part of life. Everything changes. It's true, think about it. You're not the same person that you were years ago. You've learned lessons, and you gone through experiences that helped shape who you are today. 
I think that if you change anything about yourself, it should be because it drives you crazy. Like when I decided to change ny routine to overcome my severe shyness. I slowly became more confident around people, and less afraid to show who I was. It was a process, but I don't regret it. I learned a lot from that experience, and I beleive I grew into who I am now, by overcoming that obstacle. 
Change should feel natural and not forced. If someone tells you to change, make sure that you want to change what they are talking about. Are they demanding you change your hobbies? Your appearance? Your atitude? Find out if you want to change, and if changing will benefit you before you change for someone. It's an important lesson. Always be yourself, but if you aren't satisfied with who you are, think of ways to change. 
Change should be a positive thing that helps you grow. Not a forced belief, label or a life plan. Changing for yourself is more important than changing for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment