Browse the Garden

Friday, November 8, 2013

How to prepare for NaNoWriMo




1. Look it up. (I had to do this when I first heard about it.)
2. Sign up. (Once you sign up, there are many resources for encouragement, support and writing tips)
3. Panic. (This is unavoidable so I put it on the list.) 
4. Set a writing schedule. 
5. Write! (This is a big one, no really. The novel won't write itself.)
6. Don't give up! (Another important one. Bulldoze those writer's blocks and just keep going!)
7. Focus on the story you're writing for NaNoWriMo. (This is tough. Other ideas for stories will probably come to you. It's Murphy's Law.)
8. Don't edit! (NaNoWriMo is about writing. The editing comes later.)
9. Believe in yourself!  (I'm still working on this one. Especially when I can't focus.)
10. Have fun! (Probably the most important one. What are you doing this for, if you're not enjoying it? Make sure to have fun, and enjoy the writing process for your novel.)

These are all I have for now, but hopefully my contribution to NaNoWrMo writers will help them (and me) get through this month :)

Now, back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment