Browse the Garden

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Friendship Coupon




This is a coupon that never expires. It is a guarantee, one-hundred percent, that I will be there whenever you need me. Even if I don't pick up right away; even if we're in a fight; even if I grow immature or angry. I will still be your friend, and no matter where you are, I will think of you. So, on those days where work is rough, life is hard, or you just want a break from the world, even if you don't feel like talking, know that I understand and I will do my best to help you. Because you have done so much for me, and I would not be who I am without your support. So, if you need a friend and I'm far away or in my own self exile, this coupon is a simple reminder that you are not alone in the world.




I dedicate this coupon to all my friends. Without them, I don't know where I would be today, and I know for a fact, I wouldn't have had so much fun :)


Why I wrote this: When you spend some time with friends who have been far away, and almost live in a different world, you want them to be content and satisfied with the life they're living. You feel a bit strange when it's time to go, because it doesn't hit you until the moment you're back home. All the while, during the moments you spend with them, you want to make the most of it, but you also realize you aren't perfect. This feeling teaches you a lot about who you are, and what type of life you're living. These thoughts drifted in my head on the last day of my week vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment