Browse the Garden

Friday, July 8, 2011

Book Review: Kiki's Delivery Service



I grew up with this movie, so when I found out it was based on a book, I had to read it. The book is written by Eiko Kadono and is written in a similar style as Roald Dahl's works. Although the movie is a little different, the book has its own charm. The lesson of growing up and being on your own in the world is an important ingredient in Kiki's story. As Kiki learns to create a life of her own, she learns to cope with the events around her. This is no easy task when her only talent is flying and she must win the trust of everyone in a new town, far from home. I recommend both the movie and the book to anyone who enjoys adventure, resourcefulness and the lessons of becoming independent. I give this book five out of five sarcastic black cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment