Browse the Garden

Monday, January 31, 2011

A moment of triumph



I had had enough! Two girls, possibly high school age, had talked pretty much the whole movie. You would think that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 1 would be a film that the audience would appreciate enough to go silent. At the time, I had mulled over in my head just how sick I was of people walking all over me, and the fact I kept quiet while I was boiling inside. It started with a side glare, directed straight at the girls who sat behind me. Did they notice? Of course not. They were clearly the only people in the theater, the way they giggled about some hot guy in their class and whispered so loud it didn't even count as whispering anymore. Why had no one said anything? I could tell that I wasn't the only one annoyed. Everyone around these two gave glare after glare, but it never passed through their selfish radar. My friends had also provided some glares of their own, and even rolled their eyes and clenched their fists. That was it! I turned around, looked straight at them and said "So are you going to watch the movie, or talk the whole time?"
They turned to me, said sorry nonchalantly and gave me a look that said, how dare you interrupt our conversation. Thankfully, realizing how rude and completely self centered they had been, the girls were quiet for the rest of the film. It had been a long time since I had said what was on my mind. I must admit I was proud that I had finally showed some guts to say what I felt without being afraid of the outcome. Although that moment may be forgotten by many people involved, I will remember it as a moment of triumph after a long period of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment