Browse the Garden

Monday, September 2, 2013

Book Challenge Day 9: A book you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving



Snow-walker by Catherine Fisher

I picked this book up on a whim, and ended up loving it on the spot. It's filled with Norse mythology and reminds me of East of the Sun, west of the moon. Kari is probably my favorite character, because he is a snow-walker, and the ice prince of the north. What I loved about this book was the adventure. The main character Jessa was a strong, brave and resourceful girl who accepted Kari for who he was, and taught the people of the north to trust the Jarl, or ie people, again. Not only was the story unique, but the characters were amusing, and the events were a mix of action and comedy, with some mystery thrown in for good measure. This book inspired my own tale of East of the Sun, West of the Moon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment