Browse the Garden

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Book Challenge Day 10: Favorite classic book



                                                The Arabian Nights told by Scheherazade

This is an extremely difficult question. I have so many classics that I love. Peter Pan, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Persuasion, Jane Eyre, The Secret Garden, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, Dune, (The list goes on forever).
I finally settled on the Arabian Nights, because I love the stories, and the idea of stories within stories. Scheherazade is a powerful narrator and the protagonist of her own story. Her tales have lessons,  and they involve action, adventure and romance. One of my favorites is the Mermaid Julnar, and the Black Pegasus story. These stories are so imaginative, and they inspired me to make layers of stories in my own tales. I guess to me Arabian Nights is a story that represents the art of storytelling, the power of language and the bravery of Scheherazade.

No comments:

Post a Comment