Browse the Garden

Friday, April 19, 2013

Gu Family Book




(Picture by me on Photoshop for iPad)

I have watched four episodes of this drama so far, and I rank it up there with Arang and the Magistrate, The Moon That Embraces The Sun, and Hong Gil Dong. 
Someone on tumblr defined it as Inu-Yasha and Fruits Basket, so it's no wonder I love it, but I would also say that it echoes Ruroni Kenshin. The Prologue is intense, but the story plays out like a myth, and a tragedy. The plot echoes a lot of history from The Gumiho legends of asian folklore  and the fairytale Beauty and the Beast. Kang Chi is very similar to Kyo, but a little more trusting of people. His story of self discovery is going to be very interesting, challenging and powerful. This is my new favorite drama! 

My Eden from Gu Family Book:


No comments:

Post a Comment