Browse the Garden

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fruits Basket 20 day challenge day 8: Favorite quote?


"Just as no matter how hard you try to keep it away, despair will attack you again and again. In the same manner, hope will return to you. And again, and again it will surely bloom" -Shishou Fruits Basket

This quote is from Kyo's darkest days. Detested and isolated his whole life by his family, Kyo is taken in by Shishou and even as he grows to trust him, Kyo has a very negative view of the world and himself. Shishou's words are rebelled at the time, when Kyo steps on a flower and says he only exhists to destroy everything, but as Kyo grows to love and appreciate Tohru, he learns the meaning of Shishou's words. Tohru accepted Kyo, and she never gave up on him even when she learned of his dark past and dim future. As Kyo discovers, if he doesn't give up in life, and learns to become someone he wants to be, he can rise above his past and look toward his future.

When I first read this quote, I had a similar attitude that Kyo had. But once I understood the words Kyo reflected on, I was encouraged to find the hope I was looking for, and continue to fight despair with it.
Of all the amazing quotes in Fruits Basket, this is the one that I remember the most, and whenever I develop a negative attitude, I remember it and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment