Browse the Garden

Monday, December 31, 2012

Another year has come and gone . . .


It's new year's eve, and that means reflecting on the past year. Memorable moments, lessons learned and goals that were met. It also means coming up with a new year's resolution and looking toward the future.

Lessons learned this year:

"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change."- Aang

I learned a lot about growing up this year.
I got a job  after college was over.
I learned a lot about healthy work place environments.
I had to say good bye to my best friend Haley, and learn to let her go.
I got in a car wreck that made me feel awful for hitting a deer, and totaling the car.
I took a stand against unhealthy relationships and reviewed my history with the bad habit of making them.
I had to accept that I cannot change others, but I can change myself.
In truth: The most important lessons I learned this year involved self compassion and wisdom.

Goals achieved this year:

I got published, sending one article to the Disney fan magazine MouseMag, and applying and getting an internship for Shine On Hollywood Magazine.
I published five articles this year, and one is on the way.
I got one of my dream jobs, working with books.
I found and made the chipped cup.
My RumBelle earrings sold like crazy this year, and I still have requests for a necklace and more earrings next year.
I finally found and bought Belle's Armani dress from Once Upon A Time's "The Crocodile."
I participated in an online Secret Santa event and turned it in on time.
I took on the Big Six Challenge and I'm almost finished with the first script for Nickolodeon.
I made my first Gingerbread House.

Highlights of the Year:

Once Upon A Time

Finding Nemo 3D


Arang and the Magistrate

Brave

Beauty and the Beast on CW

Disneyland

Shine On Hollywood Launch Party

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Wreck It Ralph

PaperMan

Shine On photoshoot


Life of Pi


The Hobbit

Cheongdam-dong Alice

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries




New Year's Resolutions:


1. The Big Six Challenge continues:
First script for Nickelodeon:
Legend of Korra
2. Learn Basic Korean: I watch so many Korean Dramas, and it's a beautiful language:

3. Get Published:
I plan to edit and publish Starlight this year
more info here

4. Get a life! No Seriously.


 The future is unpredictable, but with the right mind set, maybe I can learn to make people proud, and find where I belong.










No comments:

Post a Comment