Browse the Garden

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Writing Prompt 13


Prompt: What do you love to create?

Writing is creating. All the stories I write are myth quests within many different cultures, worlds and folklore. The characters, creatures and the mythology are all key elements to my stories. Names, places and many other important details are necessary to each different story.
When I'm writing, I love to create different worlds. Each world has its own mythology and system of justice, physics, magic and most importantly characters. My worlds can be like my own, with roads, street signs, buildings and large populations of society. They can also be vastly different, magical guardian beings, a lake that resembles the night sky, and a waterfall with the colors of sunset. These are the worlds I create ti get away from it all. Some are governed by music while other worlds exist from my memories granted a rebirth on the page.
Some of the worlds I create can be based off of places I've visited or seen in movies. I also have a few worlds based off of video games and only one that is based off a book I read. Dreams inspire the details I add to each small town, county, park or city I write. This is not the only thing I love to create.
I also like to write songs and sing them. This is a different creative activity but it often ties into something I want to write. It could be the lyrics, the sound or even the feel of the song that adds inspiration to my writing. I also like to practice piano and learn some of my favorite songs while I try to make up new ones.
I love to create collages as well. Putting many pictures together and adding a mystic or fairytale-like theme can be a fun way to show appreciation for books, movies and TV shows I enjoy. Photography and Scrap-booking are also hobbies I enjoy. It's similar to decorating which I always do to cool off some steam. SO I guess to answer this prompt. . . I love creating a lot of things: stories,worlds,songs,poems,music, scrapbooks and decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment