Browse the Garden

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A step in the right direction (Step 2)


"When the winds of change blow towards you, close your eyes and let the breeze blow through your hair."
Anonymous

Acceptance is the key to change. Accepting that change happens is a step towards facing a fear, or moving past the self-made prison that confines you. Accept that things will change, including yourself. You don't have to be afraid of the same thing for the rest of your life. And, you don't have to be stuck in a rut. You can change anything that you set your mind to. Another way to read this quote is, "take a break when you're overwhelmed". If things feel too stressful or if you can't understand what's going on around you, don't think about it for a while. Just take a moment or go somewhere quiet and relax. Change can be good, and healthy in life. it has a purpose, to keep things moving. Maybe a push out of the comfort zone isn't a horrifying thing. Maybe you need that push to learn something. So another step I'm taking to understand and eventually face my fear, is accepting that things change. There will be moments I won't be strong enough to handle things on my own, so I will need to change in order to grow. I will also take little breaks now and then to accept the way things are. I will make a conscious effort to just be, and let the wind blow through my hair. A simple pleasure in a complex world.

1 comment:

  1. You need to write a book about this. Create a character that morphs like the beast in Beastly.
    I can't wait till the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete