Browse the Garden

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A step in the right direction (Step 4)





"Keep Moving Forward" from Meet the Robinsons and Walt Disney

It's one of the simplest quotes, and yet it really sticks in my brain. This is mainly because in a lot of ways, I'm still living in the past. I'm also one of those people who is really hard on themselves. I often tell myself that failure isn't an option. But, this is no way to view life. You can't live in the past, because things and people change. You may have a goal that was inspired by the past, but that goal can become so much more in the future. Lewis learns this when he decides to create a family of his own, instead of clinging to the one memory he has of his mom, dropping him off at the orphanage. By clinging to the past, Lewis becomes frustrated with failure and stops living in the present or future. His focus blocks him from achieving his full potential. I feel like I'm in that spot right now. Frustrated with failure, I convinced myself that I didn't have the ability to get out of my rut. But this isn't true. If I believe that I won't be in the same spot in the future, I can gain the courage to believe in myself and make the journey. As the movie recommends, I have to "let go of the past, and keep moving forward".If you always focus on the bad stuff, you can't put enough energy to look forward and discover what you're capable of. Lewis learns that he has a bright future ahead of him when he meets the future family he becomes a part of. So that's my major goal: "to get out of the past and look to the future". Every time I feel down or as if I'm not moving, I will tell myself "Keep Moving Forward".



1 comment:

  1. I love that movie. We need to watch that one together soon.

    I know I can. I know I can.
    The train getting over the mountain pass.
    See, kid stories have a message. Simple but true.

    ReplyDelete