Browse the Garden

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Giggles: Moment Mondays



The stage was quiet. I stepped up in my black skirt. white button up shirt, bow tie and cummerbund. It was time for me to sing "Reflection" from Mulan. I wasn't really nervous, only excited that I could sing one of my favorite Disney songs and get comfortable on stage again. The music started, and I began to sing, but while I was singing, my mind wandered. I noticed that as I stood in my high hells, my leg was constantly twitching. This amused me and right in the middle of the song, I started to giggle. The situation was so awkward that I couldn't stop the laughter flowing into the mike. I managed to finish the song through the giggles and decided to bow anyway. After the concert, I greeted some confused friends and family. My teacher also came up and asked why in the world I was laughing, and if something on stage caused me to laugh. I told him the truth, and he gave me an odd look. Even my friend told me that she was proud, during the beginning of the song, and confused at the end. It was a memorable moment where I realized that no matter what happened on stage, I would be able to get through it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember this. I think I remember you singing that song. Did I video tape this? If I did,I need to go back and look at it.

    ReplyDelete