Browse the Garden

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Writing Prompt 47: What is your meaning of life?


42. Just kidding.

I find that a quote from Fruits Basket answers this question. Although in my opinion, living is the meaning of life. It's the great roller coaster, the ups and downs. Making mistakes, taking falls, but getting back up anyway. Appreciating what you have, and doing what you can. Believing in yourself. Growing and changing. Learning and teaching. So many elements come together during life. Change, loss, happiness, memories, moments you'll never replace. People you can't replace. Everyone has different reasons that they pursue their dreams, and they can only find that reason through the process of living.


 "We're all searching for a meaning to our lives. Everyone. We have to. Because ... no matter who you are ... I don't think anyone's born knowing the reason they're alive. It's just something you have to find as you go along. And it's different for everyone. There are as many reasons to live as there are people in the world. Maybe even more. So the reason for you being born, the reason you were put here in the world, I think it's something we have to find for ourselves. So we search within our hopes and dreams, our work, the people in our lives, in everything we do. And even if the reason you find is hazy or unclear, even if it's so tiny that you can hardly see it, the important thing is, is that you always have one. As long as I'm alive, that's what I want--to have a reason to go on. And you know, you can always find one, if you know where to look. The people in my life give me a reason for living ... I wanna live my life for the people that I care about. And someday, I hope I find someone who wants to live their life for me. So even when things are tough and it's hard to go on, it makes me want to try harder. Because, I'm not just living for me. I'm living for them, too."
~Tohru
          Fruits Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment