Browse the Garden

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

OUAT Challenge Day 14 : Picture or gif that expresses your reaction to the show.


This show is special to me. We watch it as a family, and all the Disney cameos make me feel like I am back in that world. I love the powerful and positive themes of hope and love. And the fairy tales, being iconic as they already are, have been changed in a way that is interesting and intriguing. I won't say that I agree with all of the portrayals of Disney characters, or even the way the fairy tales are performed, but relating to Emma, her attitude of the world, and her expectations in life, make this show a journey and a story to live as much as watch.
I love a lot of the quotes, but the one that stands out the most is what Mary Margret tells Emma in the first episode.
"What do you think stories are for? They're a way for us to deal with our world, a world that doesn't always make sense." -Mary Margret
And of course
"I gave Henry the book because I wanted him to have the most important thing that anyone can have. Hope. Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing."- Mary Margret

I think the popularity of the show is almost psychological. These are characters we all know, and we want them to achieve happiness, especially when they are stuck in situations and misfortunes that we all deal with in life. And Emma is the character for the audience, watching her begin to believe in happiness and discover what really matters in life, makes this show charming and deep at the same time. It's more than archetypes and plot lines. It's a familiar family of characters living life.

No comments:

Post a Comment