Browse the Garden

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Writing Prompt 37: 10 Favorite pieces of music


Prompt: My 10 favorite pieces of music

I have so many favorite soundtracks and inspirational tracks for my writing playlist. These tracks come from all over: video games, movies, TV shows and random recommendations. Here are my top ten.

1. Eternity Memory of Lightwaves - Noriko Matsueda and Takahito Eguchi

I love this theme the most. It reminds me of myself for some reason. It's a calming tune and a relaxing melody.

2. Dearly Beloved- Yoko Shimomura


Another relaxing theme, and my favorite track in the Kingdom Hearts series.

3. Forbidden Friendship- John Powel

I love writing to this song. It has a little bit of everything.

4. The Riders of Rohan-  Howard Shore
Everything about this piece puts me back to the moment in the movie. I love the violins!


5. Becoming A Geisha- John Williams
This piece showed the transformation of Chio to Sayuri in one smooth melody.


6. Belle's Story- Mark Isham

This is another piece I enjoy writing to. It is simple and soft.

7. He's a Pirate- Klaus Badelt and Hans Zimmer

Such an exciting and memorable melody, this piece became one of my favorites very quickly.

8. The Guardian's Song- Ralph Schuckett

This track still astounds me.

9. Define Dancing- Thomas Newman

This track is just amazing :)

10. 꽃잎이 내린다 - 두 번째 달- Goong Soundtrack

I love this piece. It's so beautiful.

There are so many more amazing instrumentals out there, but these are my favorites. What instrumentals do you love listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment