Browse the Garden

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Perfectly Flawed: A Kyouru playlist



This has been a work in progress for awhile, but I think it's finally done. Due to my reread and massive posts of playlists on tumblr, I decided to share my own playlist. Each song represents a specific meaning or moment in Kyou and Tohru's story, and it reflects my own personality in the music I chose as well. I'll point out the important lyrics.
(I don't own any of these pictures. I added them as an accent to the playlist)

The Stars:

"Happy Go Lucky"- Steps

This smile's a frown turned upside down
 I do my happy go lucky so well
 I'm even fooling myself."


Tohru begins her story after a tough moment in her life. Smiling is her coping mechanism.

"Monster"- Skillet

The secret side of me, I never let you see
I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me, the beast is ugly


Kyou begins his story in a dark despair. He is always the outcast, and his past haunts him in more ways than one.

Moments:

"Cry" - Mandy Moore

 In places no one will find
All your feelings so deep inside (deep inside)
It was there that I realized
That forever was in your eyes
The moment I saw you cry


This song defines the moment Tohru sees Kyou's true form.


"Love's Divine"- Seal
 Then the rainstorm came, over me
And I felt my spirit break
I had lost all of my, belief you see
And realized my mistake
But time threw a prayer, to me
And all around me became still


This song defines Kyou's point of view when he is forced to reveal his true form.

"Only Hope"- Mandy Moore

 There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold
But You sing to me over and over and over again



Tohru's point of view when she realizes she likes Kyou.

"Learning to Breathe"- Switchfoot 

 I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and
You alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies 


Kyou is slowly learning that it is alright to be close to other people, and not everyone will reject him. Especially Tohru.

"Serenade"- katethegreat19

Something delicate
Special like the love we know
My fragile heart beats at times secure and times alone
My first treasure took me years to find
It's what I cling to when confusion clouds my mind


Tohru sees Kyou as a person, not a monster. She can be herself around him.

"One Day"- Trading Yesterday

 If I could change the currents of our lives
To make the river flow where its run dry
To be a protocol of father time
Then I would see you tonight


Kyou's guilt from the past causes him to push Tohru away, even though he actually loves her.


"Two is Better than One"- Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift

I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life and I thought
"Hey, you know, this could be something"
'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away


This song seems perfect for the day Tohru gets out of the hospital and Kyou confesses.

References:

"The Year of the Cat"- Al Stewart 

 She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running 
Like a watercolor in the rain 
Don't bother asking for explanations 
She'll just tell you that she came
In the year of the cat


Tohru has always wanted to be in the year of the cat.

 "Beauty and the Beast"- Celine Dion


Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast


This one is obvious ^_^


"The Beauty and the Tragedy"- Trading Yesterday


For I am finding out that love will kill and save me
Taking the dreams that made me up
And tearing them away
But the same love will take this heart that's barely beating
And fill it with hope beyond the stars
Only love


 Kyou's point of view


"Fall to Pieces"- Avril Lavigne


And I don't wanna fall to pieces
I just want to sit and stare at you
I don't want to talk about it
And I don't want a conversation
I just want to cry in front of you
I don't want to talk about it
Cuz I'm in Love With you


                                                          Tohru's point of view

"At the Beginning"- Marx Donna Lewis 

We were strangers
On a crazy adventure
Never dreaming that dreams would come true
Now here we stand unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you


Their Happy Ending

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm the one that made the "Love's Divine" AMV. At the time (I was still in college! How time flies!) I thought making it was a mistake since OF COURSE there were tons of Kyoru videos and since the song is so relevant to Kyou OF COURSE someone made this video already.

    Glad I was wrong, and glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite Kyouru videos! ^_^ Thank you for making it!

      Delete