Browse the Garden

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Who you are



I found this on tumblr and it wouldn't leave my mind. 
We take what speaks to us in the world, and it becomes a small piece of who we are. The stories you love echo through you. The music you love inspires you. What you like, even if a million people also like it, says something about what you stand for, what you appreciate and what you want to offer the world. This is why learning about who you are is important. This is how you choose who you are. You decide what speaks to you, and what you wish to be a part of. You decide what you believe and what you say. This is why all the things you love are so important, because they are connected to your core values and your personality. 
I guess it's a late revelation, but I always believed that the self was one set thing you had to find. Now I know that you don't find yourself, you create yourself.
This is why self discovery is the key part of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment