Browse the Garden

Monday, July 9, 2012

30 day challenge day 8: Companion

Prompt: Companion

Companion is not a word I use often. In fact, I only relate this word to characters in books, movies, and TV shows.
A dog can be a wonderful companion. Able to know when you're sad or lonely. My dogs are there for me whenever I have a rough day.
I've heard the phrase "Constant companion."
I relate this word to someone you can rely on, trust, understand. Friends can be companions. Family can be companions.
I think that during really tough times, it's important be your own companion. Able to trust yourself, rely on yourself and understand what's going on with yourself.
Companions can be your other half, your best friend, or a relative. In stories the companion is the side kick or mentor, offering advice, support and a shoulder to cry on. The companion is an important character on a hero's journey. They put the hero back on th ground if they look too far in the sky. They give the hero a kick in the pants if they lose who they are.
In Fruits Basket, Tohru Honda is the Sohma family's companion

No comments:

Post a Comment