Browse the Garden

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Writing Prompt 31: My Dream House/ Room

 (The Beast's Library in Disneyland)
Prompt located here: http://writeonrightnow.blogspot.com/2006/12/writing-prompt-your-dream-houseroom.html

My dream house would have a water garden and a library.  It would be a light blue with brown trim, similar to the house I grew up in. It would probably be two stories with a small balcony, or a nice patio. A porch swing would be a must. The living room would be a soft green, very light with a few nice paintings and an indoor water fountain or water fall and aquarium. The stairs would be a soft blue with cherry wood railings. The kitchen would have a strawberry theme with frog salt and pepper shakers on lily pad shaped dinner mats. And yes, I would own a Mrs. Potts and chip teaset, along with a homemade tea set based off of Skin Deep.  It would be a simple place with a wood floor and small roses in the window. The must have room for my dream house would be a library with a Beauty and the Beast theme. Stained glass windows, if possible with the pictures from the movie, and "an enchanted rose" on a table by a nice arm chair and a globe. If possible, there would be a rolling ladder, and the walls would be covered with books and fairy tale paintings. The books would be organized and arranged artistically around my Beauty and the Beast collection.
The backyard and front yard would have gardens. The front yard would be relatively simple and feature a few roses and daisies. The backyard would have a koi fish pond with a small bridge going over it. I would love a Cherry Blossom tree and a willow tree, along with a small zen garden with sand and a rake. My kids would have a playhouse outside with a swing set and a slide, similar to one I had in my childhood. The dogs would have a little doghouse and play pen outside, and the cats would have a scratching post. And yes I will have wind chimes. My bedroom and kids bedrooms would probably have a theme, mine most likely Beauty and the Beast, and the guest room would have a story book or fairytale theme as well. The bathrooms would have a frog and waterlily theme, with a fish theme for the kids. If there was a basement, It would have a secret passage and an entertainment room for special events.
In short, my dream house would be based on the three things I love most, Beauty and the Beast, Fairy Tales and Asian Culture.

Photographer: Samantha Decker

2 comments: