Browse the Garden

Monday, March 26, 2012

Something that speaks to me . . .

 Blog Challenge week post 1:
Prompt: Something that speaks to you . . .




          When I was in High School, I read Fruits Basket by Natsuki Tayaka for the first time. I felt attached to the characters right away, because they all had problems. Some problems were more serious than others, but the main thing that kept me reading was the hope and love all the characters find because they never give up on rising above their misfortunes. It's a story about acceptance: acceptance of the self and acceptance of others. It's also a story about growing up, facing fear and overcoming everything to find love and happiness. The anime is just as important, but not as long, complex and detailed as the manga. With each secret revealed and burden lifted, the Sohmas find a way to survive with a curse, and Tohru Honda discovers a real family.
        There is no way I can sum this anime or manga up in a paragraph or even an essay. It really speaks for itself and dives into the human heart in a way I have never seen a story do before. The closest story I can compare Fruits Basket to is Dengeki Daisy by Kyousuke Motomi.This story speaks to me, because it taught me so many important lessons and gave me hope that I would overcome my weakness and become stronger through each difficulty I faced. To me, Fruits Basket is about life and how people learn from it.


Now, I'll let Fruits Basket speak for itself ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment