Browse the Garden

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Prompt 2: If your cell phone could talk. . .

Prompt: If your cell phone could talk. . .


Hey you! Yeah you! What's the deal? You leave me in your purse with the sound off and you barely use me to call people. Occasionally your conversations amount to something, but mostly you discuss the happenings of the day or you whine about how miserable you are to your pals and your parents. Well that's fine, but at least you have a little bit of room to breathe. I'm always stuck in your pocket, your purse or your backpack. At least you change your ring tone or your wallpaper every once in a while, but you barely use me for anything. I think the most you decide to pick me up is when you're in the grocery store and you ask your mom what kind of college food you should buy. Instead of cellphone, you should call me the errand phone. Seriously. I'm only used when you want to talk to a friend about a meeting place, or your parents about college advice. The only other thing you pull me out for is pictures. I'm not exactly a picture phone. Sure I have a wallpaper, but I'm not a camera. Sheesh! Don't even get me started on texting! Do you even know what texting is? Most people your age know how to text and how to send pictures. Sure, you occasionally send a happy picture message to your friend, but that doesn't count. The only thing I am to you is a clock, camera and a walkie talkie. But, enough about me, how's your computer doing? You know, the technological device you use EVERY DAY and NEVER FORGET! Clearly you aren't completely technologically deprived so at least you amount for something. But your computer and I are good friends, since I'm usually left by the computer while you go play the PS2 or PS3. You don't even take me to class that often, so you might as well make a little house for me on your desk. I know about those chairs and sofas you buy for your cellphones. You humans always decorate what you like. Well anyway, at least I know that you generally take me everywhere. My battery will never run dry because you barely listen to me when I ring. I guess I can be grateful that you worry when I'm gone. I can't count the number of times you frantically searched your desk, bookshelf, bed and closet for me, but I admit I'm glad I'm missed. Aw well I guess I could guess what it would be like if you texted too much or always used me to get on the internet. I guess I can be grateful that you care enough to notice I'm gone. I just felt like ranting today, but I'm glad to be your phone.
P.S. You can make this up to me by getting a new phone case ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Okaaaaaayyy!!!!! I think you need some serious chocolate. Halloween is coming. You need to go trick or treating to get chocolate only. If my cell phone talked like that,it would have been buried in blessed ground wrapped in silver and weighted down with crosses.
    Good one Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever. Now listen to your phone. Turn the ringer on. You know I'm going to call at some point....

    ReplyDelete