Browse the Garden

Monday, October 25, 2010

Book review: The Lost Hero (spoiler free)



Last year, I became a huge fan of the Percy Jackson series. This is not only because I'm a fan of Greek Mythology, but also because I loved the elements of fun tied in to an epic tale. It was the perfect escape from tests, homework and any kind of stress that you can imagine. So, naturally I have all the books, seen the movie and own a movie Tshirt. I also own The Red Pyramid, because I enjoy Egyptian Mythology. I had to get the next book when it came out.
This book goes on a different path than the Percy Jackson series. It is told in third person and follows three main characters. The first character, Jason (no doubt a familiar name to Greek Mythology fans) begins the story with no memory of the past. He is accompanied by Piper, a half Cherokee girl claiming to be his girlfriend, and Leo a spirited, brown haired trouble maker who claims to be his best friend. Together these three go on a journey filled with suspense. This story will test your knowledge of mythology in general and takes more of a serious turn than Percy. I still found this book to be enjoyable and exciting. It's more of an epic than a satire. Still I give The Lost Hero four out of five bronze dragons. I practically couldn't put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment