Browse the Garden

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life as I Know it



So my mom and I watched this movie called Life as We Know It. It was probably the best chick flick I've seen this year. It's not the typical formula. It's about something greater and more complicated than a romance, how to deal with life. So normally when I watch a chick flick, I get this "yeah right" feeling by the end of the film. It's usually the part where the guy rushes in or the girl follows him to wherever he goes and confesses. Well the end of this movie was actually believable. This movie was about making a home, creating a family and coping with hard times. It wasn't boy meets girl, boy and girl like each other and one obstacle stands in the way. It was something far more realistic and powerful. In this one, it's boy and girl lose their best friends and are left wondering why their friends chose them of all people to raise their child in case they died. It's a giant struggle. Everything changes and so much goes haywire both of them practically go insane. I have to admit, this is the life I'm used to. This is the life I believe. There isn't just one obstacle. There are many. But somewhere down the line, you work it out and you learn about yourself. It wasn't about what boy and girl wanted. It was about what boy, girl and baby needed. That says something. Sometimes we get so caught up in what we want that we forget what we actually need in life. I'm afraid I've realized this about myself. Life is obviously a struggle, but it doesn't have to be faced alone. That was the message in this movie, and that's something I may actually believe in.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good movie. I definitely like the message. We always focus on what we want, not what we need, and most of the time confuse the two.

    ReplyDelete