Browse the Garden

Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's all about the climb



I learned an important lesson today. Sometimes we get so caught up in the things that we want, that we forget what we already have. This could be anything from planning an event, to expecting a certain material thing or even expecting attention. I know I'm not perfect, and that taking things personally can be ridiculous at times, however some lessons are learned through big mistakes. I guess that's why heartbreak and failure are just as important as love and success. No matter what happens, we learn from these elements in life, and understand more about ourselves. I may even go so far as to say you can learn from embarrassment and ridicule. All these events lead to the knowledge of who you are and who you want to be.
This past month, I've had a destination, but I don't want to take the small steps to get there. Instead, I grow impatient and want to leap the whole nine miles instead of look around and take my time. Instead of paying attention to the baby steps I take, I convince myself that I'm not moving and I won't get there fast enough. The world doesn't work that way. every step brings me closer to my destination, and each step matters. If I didn't take the first step, I would never take the second step.

No comments:

Post a Comment