Browse the Garden

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Dragon


I face the dragon every day
When will the dragon go away?
It stands before me big and tall
I start to feel incredibly small
As I move forward with sword and shield
The dragon roars! It will not yield
Still I tell myself I am strong
Though the dragon tells me I am wrong
Time passes and the same battle ensues
I notice the dragon gives me clues
A shadow and nemesis it may be,
but the scariest one looks just like me
My flaws before me I try to hide
The scariest foes are always inside
Running away does not help
I trip and let out a tiny yelp
The dragon gains with speed of light
It wants nothing more than a fight
My sword and shield ready in hand
I prepare to make a final stand
The dragon stops, shakes its head
breathes fire and turns my shield to a pool of lead
I hold the sword, my last resort
Then I hear the dragon give a snort
It swipes the weapon clean away
My stance begins to tremble and sway
Though I could run, I hold my ground
From the dragon I can always be found
With one quick breath I take a chance
The dragon and I share a glance
Step by step I make my way
To the enemy, until today
Self to self
we make amends
Dragon and humans
can be friends

No comments:

Post a Comment