Browse the Garden

Friday, October 16, 2015

NANOWRIMO Plans



November is fast approaching, and I finally have a project to set to NANOWRIMO. 
I've been working on a script that involves Korean folklore, and it is loosely based off of the Korean fairytale The Blind Man's Daughter
You can find the original fairytale here: 

My script is almost finished, and I can't wait to dive in and see what my beta readers think of it. In the meantime, for NANOWRIMO, I have decided to expand the story, and write a novel version of it.
This idea first came to me before I left for Korea, and while I was in Korea, I was inspired by many places I visited. I'm going to try to pitch this story to Disney once it is finished, and hopefully Shim Chong will be the first Korean Disney Princess. 
This project has taken months, but I love working on it, and I hope that I'll have a novel out for it soon. 
I released a sneak preview of the story here: 
But things may change for the actual novel. Still, I'm glad I have finally chosen my project for NANOWRIMO. 


No comments:

Post a Comment