Browse the Garden

Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Makings of Greatness



I watched Treasure Planet today. It's been a while since I saw that movie, but I did remember that Silver tells Jim to never give up. 


He tells him, "You've got the makings of greatness in you, but you've got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it no matter the squalls, and when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails and show what you're made of . . . well, I hope I'm there catching some of the light coming off you that day." 
He tells Jim this, after Jim gives up his dream and tells himself that he can't do anything right. 
We all reach these moments in our lives, but it's important to stick to our goals no matter what. 
I know it's hard. No one said it would be easy. I know it's tough and the path is not a clear road that you can see, but if you chart your own course and stay true to your goal, anything is possible. 
Cheesy, I know, but I live off these beliefs. I live off these dreams. And I believe that it is possible. 
This is what makes Disney so special to me, and it's always there to help me push on, even after a rough day. 
I will get there. I'll never give up. My course may not be straight forward, but it's there. And as long as I call the shots, I'll find a way to make my dream come true. 
Disney is the destination, but getting there is the meaning of the journey. 
Don't give up on your dream. You never know what light will shine off you, and how much of a difference you can make in this world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment