Browse the Garden

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Writing and Living



Sometimes they are very different. 
People believe that writing is a very solitary activity. 
It's a little strange to see someone so focused on their notebook or computer screen, and they are not very attentive to the world around them, but for me, writing is living. 
With writing I explore so many scenarios, and I am able to better understand the people around me. 
Even if I may not always agree with or appreciate them, I've come to realize that life is filled with all sorts of people, and the more different characters I create, the better I understand others. 


Writing is life for a writer. 
It's the complex emotions, the big questions and the life lessons. 
It's the mistakes we make, and the "what if"s afterword. 
Writers explore, and through that expolaration, we grow. We learn about who we are by getting to know our characters. We discover what we're capable of when the character must face their demons. And as the character grows, we grow. 
It's our way, and it's the most interesting and inspirational stories that stay with us over time. 
Love for writing runs in my family, and I am honored to share stories and ideas with my father about books, movies, television shows and my own stories. 
My father has just published his book, and his journey from writer to author has inspired me to walk a similar path. 
I wish and hope to be an author someday, but until then, I will write and write and write. But more importantly, through writing I live and learn, and hopefully my expreience will benefit others in the future, or even the present :) 
It's been quite awhile since I have blogged daily, but I'm going to take up the trend again, and I hope my stories, poems and blurbs will help whoever reads them. 
I wish to be a spark of light in a world of darkness, and even though I can't always be happy or positive, through writing, I learn more and more about life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment