Browse the Garden

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Reviews and Resolutions



It's that time again. Time to reflect on the year past and create goals for the year to come. 

2015 was a year of change for me. Change on so many levels. A change in how I viewed the world. And a change in how I viewed myself.




January I stared the New Year with new friends, and I talked with many people about stories, writing and the power of stories.
February I said goodbye to a beloved grandma and I learned this in a very unexpected and humbling way. But I believe that ties are never completely severed, even between worlds. I cared for her, and that's what mattered.

March I worked hard on my plans to teach English in South Korea, and I faced many obstacles.

April was a creative month, where I focused on my novel, and I met many other artists working on their own projects ^_^

May I went to a convention (which I hadn't done in a long time), fixed up my Yuna costume and finally did an epic photoshoot (with help from my family :)


June I began a new life in South Korea and adapted to life on my own in a different country.

July I visited Japan and finally celebrated Tanabata, scratching that off my bucket list.


I also made friends with so many people from all over the world including Spain, Australia, South Africa and Ireland.

August was a busy month with lots of traveling- from places around South Korea to another visit to Japan including Harajuku, Akihabara and Artina cafe.


September I celebrated my 26th birthday with some amazing Californians and did some hiking.

October was an eventful Halloween bash with the Halloween cruise, where I dressed as a sugar skull, and had two parties at the school where I dressed as the Tardis, and then a Cat ^_^

November was incredible :) Not only did I start and actually finish NANOWRIMO, but I met some incredible writers and did many fun write-ins with them. I also was able to go home for a bit and see my family, and hang out with my friends for Thanksgiving. 

I also met more amazing people from America and New Zealand. I even went caving ^_^


December I saw The Nutcracker Ballet live for Christmas, and Norebanged the New Year. 


Hopes for the new year: 

To work for Disney again. I miss that environment, and I'm going to try my best to become a Disney script writer. 
To travel, and scratch places off my travel list
To care for myself more. To give myself more credit when I stand my ground and expect to be treated better. 
To finish writing my Starlight trilogy. I can't wait to finish the most epic story I've written so far. I'm still in the creative process, but soon it will be time to edit and work on marketing. I'm pretty excited to get my work out there and focus on the marketing aspects of it. 
To be a little braver. One step at a time, one day at a time, I am going to conquer and move on from my worst and deepest fear. 


New Years Resolutions: 

Accomplish my goals
Write every day: at least two hours
Listen to my heart
To be the author of my own story- Nothing wrong with taking charge.
To overcome my deepest fear- It's possible, as long as I work on it and believe that it can be conquered.


So I'm going to reach for the stars and stop worrying.


No comments:

Post a Comment