Browse the Garden

Friday, April 6, 2012

Mood Music: Go the Distance


Inspirational Song: Go the Distance - Disney- Hercules


Aside from Beauty and the Beast, this is my favorite Disney song. It gives me hope. This song is all about doing what you can do to get where you want to be. It's a powerful journey that is driven by the motivation to believe in yourself no matter what.

As my friend Kim requested, here is a list of things I did to "Go the distance":

The Disney College Program - one of the best decisions I ever made
Becoming an English Major - one of my easier decisions determined by my book collection.
Telling my crush I loved him- one of the bravest things any person will do
Standing up to a bully- always a difficult thing to do
Reconnecting with people- I'll never regret this decision
Enduring tough times- I'm still here
Writing a novel - I finished two
Entering Writing contests- I'm still doing this one
Applying for the ABC/Disney Program - reapplying next month!
Applied and got two jobs- incredibly important
Talked to someone I missed for a long time- a big step for me
My blog- still writing an entry every day
Two scripts for two classes due at the same day- definitely a challenge
Two published works in the Crucible magazine for UNCO- something to be proud of
One published article for a Disney fan magazine- a super exciting feat ^_^
The Yunalesca boss fight in FFX- for those who know my video game experience, this is a major deal


 What have you done to "Go the distance"?

No comments:

Post a Comment