Browse the Garden

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A picture's secrets

The road is bathed in sunlight as my cart is in the shadows. The guests go by, all dressed in bright colors with cartoon characters on their shirts and hats. A soft rustle fills the air as the tree above me drops some leaves no bigger than my fingernail. I brush them away, softly as the jazz band plays on, and the smell of popcorn drifts in the wind.
I take a deep breath, trying to capture the atmosphere and frame the picture in my mind. The river boat comes around and I wave at the people on it for the last time. Their smiles echo mine as the ship docks and one little girl drops a curtsy and does her best princess wave. More people board the boat, and one last passenger rushes to the gate. The band stops, and the breeze sends a piece of paper fluttering in front of them.
A cloud covers the sun as I turn to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment