Browse the Garden

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Writing Wednesdays 1


Writer's Prompt:

I'm good at . . .

Deciphering story plots. Ever since my mythology class, I have been able to recognize archetypes, understand the subconscious journey of the myth quest and write my own inner struggles through my stories and characters. After every movie I see, I try to understand the characters to such an extent that I become very attached. This is why I should probably avoid scary movies. Learning the basic characteristics of story writing has inspired me to learn my own morality and view of the world. unfortunately this talent has helped me avoid emotional situations by replacing the with logical problems. No matter how many books I read, stories I pick apart, or characters I love, I cannot understand emotion. Perhaps through writing, I can better understand myself and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment