Browse the Garden

Friday, June 3, 2011

Fantasy Fridays 1


The Moon Sands

I came up with the idea for this place when I took a road trip with my mom and watched an entire field covered in snow fly by. It looked like a desert at the time because the sun was setting, and no buildings, hills or mountains could be seen. This scenery reminded me of a story I was working on and I decided to have a desert with pearl white sand surround the main city. It would be called the Moon Sands because the color of the sand would reflect moon light, and the desert would look like the landscape of the moon. The desert was also next to the ocean and stretched out until it came to a forest. The Moon Sands desert is a vast, pearly white landscape that stretches for miles and plays an important role in the folklore of Rothla, the great city surrounded by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment