Browse the Garden

Friday, April 17, 2015

A Serene Sanctuary




It was a place to get away from it all. Away from the crowd, the tourists, and many people that came to the island. 
Not many people knew about this place, or walked down this path, but I was grateful for that. Here I could spend some time surrounded by the beauty of nature. I could listen to the water lap on the shore, watch the people walk across the bridge towards Dragon Head rock, and I could just be for a little while. 
At the top of the stair, not far from the path, an orange fruit stand was waiting for me, my mother impatiently setting up our daily display of crops and crafts. The hemp bracelets were mine, and some people bought them, but all I really wanted to do, as they prattled on about their day, or what country they were from was go down toward the water and listen to the waves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment