Browse the Garden

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Winter's Change



Snow gently falls as a crisp breeze moves the branches of the trees. Stars wink off and on, their light a comfort in darkness. As the ground becomes softer, lighter, the night blurs. Thoughts take over; wishes and dreams. I close my eyes and listen. I listen to the falling leaves as they tumble through the air. I listen for the sound of falling snow, the answers to my questions. I listen to my steps, heavy and light on the white path, leading anywhere. A winter’s memory? Maybe. It’s a regular walk through the forest. A journey through my mind. Music all around me, thoughts that can be cruel or kind. Sometimes the walk is cold, and sometimes the walk is warm. Gentle breezes or harsh winds, a light snow or a storm. My mood doesn’t really matter. Snow will fall all the same. The changing of the seasons can be wild or can be tame.

No comments:

Post a Comment