Browse the Garden

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The swing of the heart: dealing with unrequited love


While watching the Korean Drama Playful Kiss, I had to pause at one scene at a playground with two friends. They both sit on the swings while they talk. One friend consoles the other about how they actually feel and how they think they feel. She tells him,

"Sit here and calmly think about it. 'My heart feels this way' 'I know myself' Don't just keep telling yourself that. Just leave your heart to the swaying swing, while looking up to the sky. They say that then you'll really see your own feelings."

It's a beautiful quote about how the heart can change, if we only let it. So, maybe tomorrow, when I'm done for the day, I'll go to the park and do just that. I'll let my heart sway and discover my true feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment