Browse the Garden

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Like Father Like Daughter



To celebrate Father's Day, I'd like to tell you where my love of stories started: my Dad. 
When I was little, my Dad would read to me, and he was always there to help me with homework. He introduced me to great works of literature, like The Hobbit, The Chronicles of Narnia and A Wrinkle in Time. When I was ten, I brought Harry Potter home, and it got to the point that Dad would finish reading the books before I did! We loved talking about the books and making up theories for the next release. He also introduced me to Marvel comics and the Magic card game. We would play Magic together and Dad would answer my questions about The Xmen, Spider Man and Doctor Strange. 
As I got older, he recommended epic stories to read like The Lord of Rings, Dune and Ender's Game. We talked about the detail and the well written plots of those stories. Today, Dad and I talk about writing, and we still recommend books to each other. Reading, writing and talking about stories with my Daddy are some of my favorite memories. 
I'm so proud of him for publishing his first novel, and I'm so grateful that we share this hobby. 

(My Dad also introduced me to video games ^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment