Browse the Garden

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Writing Prompt 42: On dream vacations

Prompt: 10 Countries you would like to visit

1. South Korea:

I've been wanting to go there since I started watching Korean dramas. There are so many places in South Korea that I would love to visit.
The scenes they film in Jeju island and Busan are so beautiful.
I want to see the Teddy Bear Museum and find the Goong Bears.
I want to see the Dragon Falls.
I would love to see the palace where they film the historical dramas.
Shopping in Seoul sounds like a lot of fun.
Korea has inspired my  writing.

2. Japan:

Since I began learning Japanese, I wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms in Japan for myself.
I want to be there during the Tanabata festival and celebrate at Tokyo Disney.
I'd love to see Mount Fuji and visit historical temples and real water gardens.
Shopping in Tokyo would be fun, and I want to try Puri Kura.
I've also wanted to visit a real Karaoke place in Japan.
Visiting Kyoto would be amazing.
There are so many beautiful places in Japan that I have wanted to visit for a long time.

3. England:

I want to see where some of the greatest authors grew up.
I'd love to visit Kingston Gardens  where the Peter Pan statue is.
Visit  Buckingham Palace.
Find Baker Street.
Watch a play at the Globe Theatre.
See Big Ben, The Eye, Tower Bridge, Millennium Bridge . . . the list goes on.
I would also love to tour the Castles and ride the Chunnel.
England houses so many of my favorite authors.

4. Italy:

It started with Mary Hoffman's Stravaganza series, working at Disney World and a trip to the Venetian in Las Vegas.
I want to ride a real gondola.
Try all the great food in Rome.
See all the sites: The Coliseum,The Pantheon, The Trevi Fountain . . .
Go to Florence.
Attend a real Masquerade with amazing costumes and ballroom dancing.
I've wanted to see Italy for a long time.

5. France:

I blame both Epcot and the Paris hotel in Las Vegas.
I would love to see the real Eiffel Tower, The Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral . . .
Go to the Lourve.
Visit Château de Pierrefonds where Merlin filmed.
 Go to Disneyland Paris.
Have a real crepe, and visit a nice French Bakery.
Witness a fashion show.
France looks like a cool country to travel to.

6. India
I've always been fascinated with India.
There are so many landmarks there: The Taj Mahal, The Lotus Temple, The Golden Temple . . .
I want to see the floating lantern festivals.
All the lotus flowers and gardens.
Participate in a dance event like the one in Bride and Prejudice
I would love to shop at a real Bazaar.
India would be a beautiful place to see.

7. Australia

I've have wanted to see  the Great Barrier Reef since I can remember.
Of course I would love to go to the Sydney Opera House, The Sydney Bridge . . .
I want to see the Royal Botanic Gardens.
Go to the real Outback and hike some trails.
See Tasmania, Kangaroo Island, Castle Hill
It would be so cool to see Australia.

8. Norway

I am fascinated by Norse Mythology and what I have seen of Norway consists of beautiful landscapes.
I would love to see the Northern Lights for myself.
Hike the mountains.
Stand on Preikestolen, Geirangerfjord, Nordkapp . . .
Visit the Northern point of Europe Monument. 
One of my favorite fairy tales comes from Norway, so I would love to find a beautiful spot in nature and just write, and write, and write 

9. Greece

Greek Mythology is another fascination of mine. There are so many places in  Greece that I would love to visit.
The Parthenon, The Acropolis . . . just Athens in general 
Olympia, Delos Island (dedicated to Apollo)
Mount Athos
Santorini, Delphi, Meteora,
This whole country would be a trip back in time for me, recreating Ancient Greece in my mind and trying to solve its mysteries.

10.  China

The Great Wall has been one of the places on my bucket list. I've read quite a few books that describe it, but I would love to see it on my own. 
I would love to visit Beijing
See the stone Quin Terracotta Army 
The Yangtze River, Yellow River . . .
Mount Everest- although I'm not sure I could ever climb to the top. 
And of course Disneyland Hong Kong.
I want to witness a real Dragon Festival and Moon Festival
I'd also love to visit my former roommate's town :) She taught me all I know about China.


No comments:

Post a Comment