Browse the Garden

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Will I?

A vicious cycle
A winding road
A thing of brilliance
A heavy load

Whatever life is
It's always too fast
A moment forgotten
A connection that won't last

They say to live
from day to day.
Can my mind
work that way?

Can I drop all
the burdens that I bear?
Raise my voice?
Live without a care?

Risk it all
But still be me?
Witness all
that I want to see?

Go somewhere
far away
Pick a place
to write and stay

Rip the past
From under my feet
Wipe out the doubt
Depression and Defeat

Forget the pain
And never shy
From all those moments
that pass you by

Write and write
Read and read
Discover the elements
that I need.

Realize I'm only
as strong as I feel?
Create a world
where happiness is real?

All these questions
boggle my mind
While I say things
cruel and kind.

Will I make my own story
And stop living in fear?
Or will everything pass me
Year after year?


No comments:

Post a Comment