Browse the Garden

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ambitions



One of my teachers called me ambitious this year. I was starting to think that it wasn't true, but now I feel more ambitious than ever. Not only am I applying to regular jobs, but I am entering writing contests, reading up on major writing companies and giving myself classes on query letters, outlines and summaries. So here's the honest truth. I'm ambitious when I want to be, and cowardly when I don't want to deal with things. It's a known fact that my life has wrapped around through many struggles and trails. I've also done my research and discovered that all successful people were ambitious and took great risks to get where they wanted to be. It was their way of learning who they were and what they could do to make a difference in the world. Well, I'm determined to be successful, in fact I'm hell bent on it because of all those years where I kept quiet and never let anyone know what I wanted and what I needed. As I have just graduated and I'm determined to do big things, my new strategy is "Look out world. Here I come!" I might not get there in a month, a year or even a century, but I'm coming and I'm going to achieve the goals I've set for myself, regardless of the challenges and obstacles in my way. This is a warning. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines, and now I'm going to be out in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment