Browse the Garden

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Appreciating What you have


This may sound silly, but I am just now learning this lesson. Even though my parents have told me to do this at least a thousand times, I'm learning to stop worrying about life and start appreciating what I have. This is not just the result of reading the book: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie, but the actual experience of living life. In many ways, this lesson is the hardest to learn, especially when you feel that you need to worry all the time. The other obstacle is actually being completely honest, not only with yourself, but with other people. These experiences are extremely important, and I look back and treasure them now. It's one of those moments where everything falls into place and you're left with a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Now that I'm learning about the world, and the people who live in it, I can move forward and finally reach that day where I'm not worried all the time and I live the life I admire from other people. Appreciating what you have is one step toward a more satisfying perspective on the live you live and the people that surround you. Little things are little things, and the big things are the ones that truly matter in life, not the giant worries that haunt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment