Browse the Garden

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Smelling the Roses



I'll admit that I'm always in a hurry, and I'm always giving myself deadlines, goals to meet and I'm pretty much my own worst critic. I hardly ever stop to smell the roses. I notice them, admire them from a far, but then I'm on to the next task. It's easy to get caught up in the rush of a daily schedule from work to play. Many people get stressed out during vacations- and it's easy to get caught up in the fray. 
One of the things I must practice is appreciating the here and now, the present moment. 
This is essential for a writer, observer and an artist. Part of art is getting caught up in the moment, whatever that moment may be. 
It's one way to feel grateful for what's around you. It's a different perspective. 
Is it easy? No. It's very difficult because most everyone is doing the same thing- complaining, rushing from one place to the next. And yes, I've done my fair share of complaining, but sometimes the healthier and happier choice is to appreciate the here and now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment