Browse the Garden

Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy 60th Anniversary Disneyland!




"To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world." - Walt Disney 


Disneyland will always hold a special place in my heart. 
My first job was working for Walt Disney World, and I can honestly say that that experience changed my life! Disney movies and characters have always inspired me. The overall themes of bravery, hope, love and courage have inspired me through writing, and in moments of every day life. 
I worked for Disneyland, and I miss it. The creative and happy environment, the imagination and diversity of the parks, and the incredible people who made it all happen helped me find my purpose. At Disneyland, I felt at home, and I loved making magical moments on a daily basis. 
I gave free ice-cream to newly weds. I handed out disney pins to princesses and pirates. I helped a little girl see Cinderella, during one of the few last weeks of her life. These are memories that I will treasure. 
I enjoyed working there, and I will carry on Walt's legacy once again, in the form of writing. 
Walt Disney is one of my role models, and his story from a dreamer to a sucessful artist is a powerful one.  
My dream is to be a story writer, inspiring others to face their fears, conquer their challenges, and to enjoy every page of their story. But I didn't gain the courage, or the motivation to do so until I worked for Disney, and I discovered all that I was capable of. 
Disneyland truly is a magical place, and I believe that my purpose is to spread that hope and joy to others. 
Thank you Walt Disney, for going after your dreams, and creating the happiest place on Earth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment