Browse the Garden

Monday, July 26, 2010

The little things

When you're stressed out and feel the world is falling apart, the self help books tell you to appreciate the little things in life. I found this might be a great way to reflect in writing a few things that make a story more believable. Here's a list/poem to reflect on this idea:

The sunset on a cloudy day
The rain in summer afternoon
The breeze in the month of may
The glow of a bright full moon

Laughter in the evening
Music to study by
Stories for the campfire
Memories on which to rely

Life lessons from my elders
Flowers all in bloom
Dew drops dotting morning leaves
The comfort of my room

Small trinkets hidden
Here or there
Lyrics that follow me
Everywhere

The knowledge
Time will always pass
The sunshine through
a piece of glass

Ripples in the garden pond
Photographs
Of memories fond

Quotes and words
to get me by
The sea of stars
Up in the sky

Bells that ring
Skirts that swish
my favorite food
in a tasty dish

These are the things
That get me by
When I am lost
And wondering why

Hope and Light
Water and Air
Cat and Dog
Rose and Thorn
Snow and Crystal
Laughter and Love
These things I cherish
From up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment