Browse the Garden

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Egyptian Mythology

I went to the King Tut exhibit today at the Denver Art Museum and learned about Egyptian history, culture and mythology. This is convenient because I finished reading The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan and now know a few things about the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses. what fascinates me the most is the fact that names were erased from other pharaohs before King Tutankhamun due to a particular religion they practiced that only worshiped one god, the god of the sun Aten. I also learned that Anubis, the previous god of the underworld was replaced by Osiris, the more well known god of the underworld. Because I have to write a piece for my creative writing class, I decided to write a story combining these two facts and create and action, adventure fantasy story. I've had fun writing it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment